Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaNoWriMo, Day Two: Demonic Possession With A Side Of Swedish Meatballs

Word count: 2,339. Not bad considering I spent Halloween moving out of my old place and didn't have a single plot or character idea until around 9 pm that day. It's a paranormalish not-quite-romance set in IKEA, although so far I feel like I've been typing "Fuck You, [Name of Recent Ex]" over and over. At least it's not about law school.

I need to write about a thousand more words today to be where I'm supposed to be. If I hit my goal I'll go out tonight to see my brother play double duty as rock star and DJ between sets. (He's kind of a big deal.)

2 comments:

Nicola O. said...

[Clown] ?

Great progress so far! Are you signed up on one of the cheerleading sites? Are you getting enough backpats?

Does it count toward your word count if you just keep randomly typing things like "Well at least I'm not in law school," and "At least I'm not in torts class" in the middle of the dialog?

The Hairrorist said...

I find that "cowfucking douche-gooder clown" is better for the word count. ;)

I'm signed up on the official NaNo forum, where I obsessively update my word count and waste too much time laughing at "Suck Haiku." I've been trying to avoid self-referentiality aka "breaking the fourth wall," but I'm sure by next week I'll have lowered my standards enough to have all of my characters expound at length on how glad they are not to be taking the con law final.